[E3-hacking] E3 u-boot & Linux

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu Feb 23 16:47:33 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:08:48PM -0000, Cliff Lawson wrote:
> Lads, I can't help thinking you may be reinventing the wheel a bit
> here.

Probably true, but the other option is to end up running an ancient
2.4.18 based kernel. Aside from the numerous security issues that have
been fixed since then there are quite simply some things that can't be
added modularly to a kernel that we don't have proper source for. IPv6,
for example, is something that's of use to me but impossible without a
kernel recompile.

J.

--
 [   There are always at least two ways to program the same thing.    ]