[E3-hacking] E3 u-boot & Linux

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Wed Feb 22 17:22:53 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 10:53:54PM +0000, Mark Underwood wrote:
> I have managed to not only get u-boot running (now with u-boot setting
> up the UART baud rate) but have also managed to get a 2.6.15 kernel
> with omap patchs to boot :-). I'm still having a problem getting the
> startup scripts to give me a login, but once I've fixed that problem I
> will make my modifications to u-boot and the kernel available (need to
> find somewhere to put them first) and then start working on getting
> USB up and running (the probe of the OHCI is failing for some reason).

This rocks, btw. Works fine on my E3 and I've been fiddling with the
kernel a little.

I registered the MACH_AMS_DELTA type a while back with the ARM guys, so
have added this to your patch and started trying to get some support for
the flash devices in; I've got the NOR being detected, but it's non CFI
compatible so I can't actually get mtd to talk to it.

I'd really like to get the NAND up and running; I think it's hanging off
what Amstrad call latch2? 0xEC000000?

Anyway, my minor patch to use the proper Delta machine type is at:

http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/delta-20060222.diff

You'll need to patch u-boot to use a machine type of 862 as well
obvious, otherwise the kernel won't boot.

J.

--
Black Cat Networks Ltd. Support.
101 things you can't have too much of : 24 - Taglines.
Email: support at blackcatnetworks.co.uk
Web:   http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/support/