[E3-hacking] pblq 'n' stuff

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Fri May 27 12:25:59 BST 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 11:49, Matt Evans wrote:
[...]
> Seconded, I'd like a CVS server for all our bits.  (Though am in no
> place to set one up unfort. - sourceforge?)

I'm an SF developer and have a bunch of projects there, and it works really
nicely, although if we created a project I'd rather someone else did it (I'm
already admining a bunch).

But is there anywhere more appropriate? http://cvs.uclinux.org, for example?

[...]
> Speaking of which, I've 'started' hacking LH79531/E2 support into the
> 2.6.11-hsc0 uclinux tree; I've just basically done the build/directory
> tree (i.e. not much) and I'll need to do the IRQ/timer stuff before
> it'll go anywhere.  And do something about serial...  But the good news
> is there appears to be a USB driver for the Cypress USB host chip on
> the E2.

Huzzah. If we can get that working, then we can get huge numbers of devices
working, including networking. And *that* would be very cool.

(I did have a look at porting ucLinux, but frankly, delving that deep into
Linux gives me the heebie jeebies, and I port operating systems in my day
job... when you get that far down, you find yourself spotting all the rough
edges and cruft in Linux's design. I'd much rather tackle a BSD, but they all
require MMUs.)

Is there a Linux driver for the sound codec?
--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty
+- www.cowlark.com --+ subject of kneecaps." --- Firefly, _War Stories_