[E3-hacking] PBL & running arbitrary code

David Given e3-hacking@earth.li
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:51:35 +0000

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 13:39 +0000, David Given wrote:
[...]
> I cannot find any documentation for this thing. Hooking it up to libjtag
> would probably be dead easy if I know what pin was wired to what ---
> I'll try taking the lid off and fishing around inside, but it's probably
> just an anonymous IC.

Having taken the lid off, the board inside has a bunch of resistors and
two 74HC125D drivers, which means it's either Wiggler-compatible or else
has a slightly different pinout. Getting this to work with libjtag is
probably straightforward; I need to trace out the lines and find out
what goes where. Will report back if I get a reply.

Incidentally, re getting a copy of the PBM firmware; having thought
about it, it's probably best if I do it myself. It's not particularly
difficult and it's probably best to remain as squeaky-clean as possible.

--
David Given <dg@cowlark.com>