[E3-hacking] Ever turning

Jasmine Strong jasmine at electronpusher.org
Sun Jun 19 20:58:59 BST 2005

On 19 Jun 2005, at 20:54, David Given wrote:
> I used to use a QL.

Nah, you *tried* to use a QL.

>  I know about microdrives; let's not go there. Even in
> jest.

CompactFlash, though...  that's just lovely.

> I've allocated more space for a single icon's bitmap than most old
> 8-bitters
> had RAM, let along video RAM.

Hey, I spent most of May writing a faster memcpy() for OMAP processors.
(Specifically, OMAP16xx, since that has an ARM926EJ in it.)

> Sigh. I think all programmers these days should
> be required to start out on a 1kB ZX81

...or a new Amstrad hobbyist machine, maybe?

My first computer was a CPC6128.  Lovely, it was.

> (I gather we have a friend in common...)

Indeed so.  Have you not fled that sinking ship yet?  Even the rats are
going
hungry, I hear.

-J.