[E3-hacking] Ever turning

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sun Jun 19 20:54:30 BST 2005

On Saturday 18 June 2005 10:32, Jasmine Strong wrote:
[...]
> Nobody used 5.25" discs on a Spectrum;  lots of people had Microdrives.

I used to use a QL. I know about microdrives; let's not go there. Even in
jest.

[...]
> humming Hey Hey 16k...

I've allocated more space for a single icon's bitmap than most old 8-bitters
had RAM, let along video RAM. Sigh. I think all programmers these days should
be required to start out on a 1kB ZX81 (or, if you want to go upmarket, a 3kB
Jupiter Ace), just to get the right attitude towards space and efficiency.

(I gather we have a friend in common...)

--
"Curses! Foiled by the chilled dairy treats of righteousness!" --- Earthworm
Jim (evil)