[E3-hacking] [E2-hacking] Help using pblq

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat Jun 4 18:47:13 BST 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 18:32, en4rab wrote:
[...]
> I get an error about the size not being divisible by 512, and if i try
> using a size of 0x800000 i get an error about an invalid size.

D'oh! That's my fault.

Line 142 of src/checksum.cc; change the obvious 0x7FFFFF to 0x800000.

Incidentally, you probably don't want to be using pblq to download the entire
flash. The mechanism it uses to read the flash is extremely cludgy and
horribly slow (we're talking 66 to 100 bytes per second).

You're far better off using pblq to save the first 64kB of flash, downloading
Matt's shell into it, and then using that to get the rest --- it's much
faster. You might even by able to download it into RAM and run it there ---
Matt?

--
"Curses! Foiled by the chilled dairy treats of righteousness!" --- Earthworm
Jim (evil)