[E3-hacking] DC adaptor?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Jul 6 14:56:14 BST 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 20:02, Matt Evans wrote:
[...]
> I use an ex-Ericsson T610 datacable to talk to the E2.  It's
> USB-powered and contains a PL2303 USB-serial 'uart' and has no line
> drivers.

I've just been out looking for a cable from the various high street mobile
phone shops. Four out of the six shops didn't have anything on display, or
wouldn't talk to me; one had a T610 data cable for 30 quid, which I politely
turned down; and the Nokia shop said, "F-Bus? What's that?"

Sigh.

Any suggestions on good mail order places to get one?

[...]
> (Actually if you CBA to crack it open and change it from 3.3 to 5V it
> should work at 3.3 too.  (though of course the inputs may not be 5V
> tolerant on your cable - consult the data sheet, a good proportion of
> the el cheapo no-brandname cables have the PL2303 in though.))

A PL2303 would be nice; Linux supports it, and there's none of that faffing
around with serial ports. (Instead you get to faff around with USB ports.
Whee!)

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "My days of taking you seriously are certainly
+- www.cowlark.com --+