[E3-hacking] previous amstrad emailer

Jonathan McDowell e3-hacking@earth.li
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:22:24 +0100

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 06:16:47PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:23:40AM +0100, David Given wrote:
> > In case 1, all you have to do is to use PBL to write a bootable image
> > to the flash filesystem; PBL ought to be able to dial up and get a
> > clean image from Amserve. You can tell if PBL's okay because the
> > lights on the screen will flash manically as it scans the flash.
> Hmmmm. I hadn't thought of making it ring Amserve; I've been trying to
> figure out how to feed PBL 4.9 an image myself at present. I wonder how
> I kick off an Amserve call home.

The Amserve call home unfortunately no longer works; it just seems to
eventually get answered by voicemail. Shame really.

However it does do a ymodem download and it seems to accept Q;Q; format
blocks that way. Haven't quite figured out what it does with them yet
though, other than print the details to the serial console.

Anyone like to recommend some ARM decompilation tools? I've just used
objdump to disassemble the PBL, but I'm sure there must be something
that can be a bit more helpful?

J.

--
Is this real - that's the first thing I think every morning.