[cgi-wiki-dev] Flat-file backend

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Mon Feb 6 17:32:40 GMT 2012

On Mon 06 Feb 2012, Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li> wrote:
> Hrm, although this does raise the point that W::T does rely on some
> quite complex metadata queries; performance on a collection of JSON/YAML
> will suck for that, so that's probably not as good an idea after all.

I wonder if this is kind of a red herring in this case.  The reason
for having multiple backends is that different applications have
different needs and priorities.  If the convenience of a flat file
format outweighs the need for fast performance when manipulating
metadata, then it's OK to make that tradeoff, isn't it?

Kake