[cgi-wiki-dev] Deprecating Search::InvertedIndex (was Re: Recent Changes addition - finding new pages)

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Sun May 11 01:55:37 BST 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 04:06:41PM +0100, Kake L Pugh wrote:

> This change is in svn.  I'd really appreciate it if people could check
> the svn versions out and run the tests, particularly if you have
> multiple backends to test on (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Plucene,
> Search::InvertedIndex, etc).

I asked a while ago about discontinuing support for
Search::InvertedIndex - it has largely been superceded by Plucene (and
other modules), and I don't have it installed on my development
platform so it won't generally speaking be well-looked after.

Would marking it deprecated in the next release upset anyone, with a
view to removing it in a couple of releases time?

Dominic.