[cgi-wiki-dev] Evaluating Wiki Toolkit

Robert Barta rho at devc.at
Tue Sep 4 07:50:35 BST 2007

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 12:35:49PM +0100, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Robert Barta wrote:
> >that pre_retrieve does not allow declining of the read. It is marked
> >as TODO.
> >
> >Is there a principle problem with it? or could it be added, just as
> >for instance in

> If someone can suggest what to return, then it's just a case of adding in
> the plugin return code checking, writing a test, and tweaking the
> documentation for retrieve_node :)

What about the following principle:

 - Every plugin (actually the methods in there) acts as a filter. Content
   towards the backend is filtered, content from the backend is filtered.
   (This is pretty much how I think it works now.)

 - If a plugin does not want progress, it raises an exception.

 - The precedence of plugins must be controllable, say

    ->plugin_a_before_b (a => $plugin1, b => $plugin2);

Would this break things horribly?

\rho