[cgi-wiki-dev] Evaluating Wiki Toolkit

Nick Burch cgi-wiki at gagravarr.org
Sun Sep 2 12:35:49 BST 2007

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Robert Barta wrote:
> that pre_retrieve does not allow declining of the read. It is marked
> as TODO.
>
> Is there a principle problem with it? or could it be added, just as
> for instance in

I think we just never figure out the best way for a call to retrieve_node
to indicate the retrieve was denied. write_node_post_locking was easy,
because it already returned 0 or 1, so adding -1 wasn't hard.
retrieve_node either returns a hash or undef, so what to return for
declined isn't immediately obvious.

If someone can suggest what to return, then it's just a case of adding in
the plugin return code checking, writing a test, and tweaking the
documentation for retrieve_node :)

Nick