[cgi-wiki-dev] Formatter API change proposal

Kjetil Kjernsmo cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:20:06 +0100

On tirsdag 25 januar 2005, 15:12, Kake L Pugh wrote:
> Your Formatter object isn't really a formatter then, though, it's
> more of what I was getting at with the Parsed object idea. =A0I think
> it is confusing to have a Formatter be something other than a thing
> that formats, and it's counter-intuitive to have Formatters not be
> re-usable.

I just have to admit I don't understand this at all. All I do is follow=20
the ideas of Object Oriented design as I understand them. I really=20
don't understand what you mean by not reusable. Sure it is reusable. I=20
think one of us has really misunderstood the fundamentals of OOP, it=20
surely could be me, I don't have a lot of training in computer science,=20
allthough I did go to the University where OO was invented.

Best,

Kjetil
=2D-=20
Kjetil Kjernsmo