[cgi-wiki-dev] Formatter API change proposal

Kake L Pugh cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:12:10 +0000

On Tue 25 Jan 2005, Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> If you format $foo->format("the *foo* of bar") you can always call
> $foo->title anywhere, so there is nothing lost there. If OTOH you want
> to $baz->format("barring _foo_"), yes you should create a new object, I
> see that as a good thing.

Your Formatter object isn't really a formatter then, though, it's more
of what I was getting at with the Parsed object idea.  I think it is
confusing to have a Formatter be something other than a thing that
formats, and it's counter-intuitive to have Formatters not be re-usable.

Kake