[cgi-wiki-dev] New feature for UseMod formatter

Dominic Hargreaves cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:03:30 +0000

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:36:11PM +0000, Kate L Pugh wrote:
> I set up a wiki here at work but was berated for breaking our branding.
> We are http://state51.co.uk/ and there is definitely no capital "s" allowed.
>
> Now, CGI::Wiki::Formatter::UseMod forces node names in links to be
> ucfirst, to avoid ending up with six home nodes called things like
> "home", "Home", "HOME", etc.  Consistency is a good thing.
>
> You can turn this munging off entirely, but you can't *partly* turn it
> off.  I added an option to let you do some last-minute munging of the
> node names, but I'm not sure I got the name right.  It's currently
> called "munge_node_name" and its documentation is below.  Comments
> ASAP please - I'd like to upload this as soon as PAUSE comes back.

Why not just have the wiki be case-insensitive but case-preserving? That
is to say, the capitalization supplied when the node is created remains,
but no alternate capitalization of the same name can be produced. Seems
better than a specific hack, really. It seems to solve both the above
problems.

Cheers,

Dominic.