[cgi-wiki-dev] TWiki in T.O.

cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:36:06 -0400

Hi all,
   Thanks for the conversations at today's Toronto Perl Monger meeting =
this
evening - I very much enjoyed it.

A few references:
    1 TWiki: http://TWiki.org
    2 Advocacy: http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Main/TWikiSuccessStories=20
    3 A village community site I set up: http://redbourn.org.uk=20
    3 Demo of HtmlArea experimentally embedded in TWiki (feel free to =
Edit
but note the rest of this site is broken):
http://testwiki.mrjc.com/twiki/bin/view/HtmlAreaTest/WebHome
    4 My position on the development of TWiki:
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Main/MartinCleaver=20
    5 CgiWiki development mailing list:
http://www.earth.li/pipermail/cgi-wiki-dev/=20
    6 MichaelSparks' fork of TWiki, OWiki: http://owiki.org=20

In short, I think that TWiki has the best functionality today and will
continue to do so in the short term, but that CgiWiki has a brighter =
future
due to a cleaner architecture. Either CgiWiki needs to provide support =
for
entry-level users (i.e. text file back end) or the core of TWiki needs =
to be
rationalised. If you are planning to install, Michael Sparks' fork is
probably the easiest as he has written an installer that runs on UNIX =
and on
Cygwin.=20

Cheers,
   Martin.

--
Martin@Cleaver.org=20
Melbourne Business School FT 2004 MBA Exchange Participant to Rotman