[cgi-wiki-dev] CGI::Wiki::Kwiki / CGI::Wiki::Simple

Kate L Pugh cgi-wiki-dev@earth.li
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:39:07 +0100

I've been doing a fair bit of work on Tom's CGI::Wiki::Kwiki module
over the past few days, and am now really rather pleased with it.
0.4, released today, allows you to use multiple formatters if you
wish.  I have been running a local craft group wiki on this module for
quite some time - see
  http://the.earth.li/~kake/cgi-bin/london.crafts/wiki.cgi

Now I am not sure that this module is very well-named for the
direction it has taken.  Tom wrote it originally to help a friend of
ours transition from a Kwiki to a CGI::Wiki wiki, but I've done a lot
of stuff to it that has nothing to do with Kwiki.

Max Maischein, who is on this list, wrote CGI::Wiki::Simple some time
ago, but I don't think he's found time to work on it for some months,
and last time I tried it I couldn't get it working.

I am wondering whether these two projects should be merged and
renamed.  Note that I'm only wondering this because CGI::Wiki::Simple
development seems to have stalled - Max, if you still want to carry on
working on it I have no problem with that.  It's just that search.cpan
seems to love it an awful lot and it comes up at the top of searches.

Just a braindump anyway.  Is anyone else alive out there?

Kake
PS CGI::Wiki 0.49 is out and fixes some case-sensitivity issues that I'd
been having with metadata searches.