[E3-hacking] E3's Internal Storage

ZudoBug2 . zudobug2 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 08:45:12 BST 2019

Hi,
I have an E3 that's still in its factory state (PBL V4.9 and never
registered with Amstrad). It can boot into BusyBox Linux as per the
instructions at https://wiki.earth.li/E3_Getting_Started

Is it possible to access the E3's internal storage from the BusyBox command
line?
I am curious to read some of the config files etc.

As an aside, I noticed that the E3's OS includes a driver for my "Pegasus
II" USB Ethernet adapter, so I tried connecting this before power-up. The
E3 doesn't obtain an IP address automatically via DHCP, but I wonder if it
assigns a fixed IP that might permit access, for example via SSH?

There also seems to be a driver for a Belkin USB serial adapter (but I
don't have one to test it with). Anyone tried connecting one of these?

Thanks,
Jamie.