[E3-hacking] Trying to Flashing the backup of the Original Firmware Again

Nick Griffin span1922 at live.com
Mon Apr 15 17:11:14 BST 2019

Well it didn’t flash, and I think it didn’t erase too so my code is wrong I think… looks like it has bad blocks too and they and made the files bigger in size than the partition..???

This process will completely restore your E3's NAND.
This will try and restore The Amstrad firmware on the device. Are you
sure you wish to continue? [y/N]: y

Starting restore.. This might take a while...
Found e3-nand-backup.0
  Erasing /dev/mtd0
Erase Total 0 Units
 done
  Writing e3-nand-backup.0 to /dev/mtd0
Image 3784704 bytes, NAND page 512 bytes, OOB area 512 bytes, device size 3670016 bytes
Input file does not fit into device: Success
Data did not fit into device, due to bad blocks
: Success
Found e3-nand-backup.1
  Erasing /dev/mtd1
Erase Total 0 Units
 done
  Writing e3-nand-backup.1 to /dev/mtd1
Image 270336 bytes, NAND page 512 bytes, OOB area 512 bytes, device size 262144 bytes
Input file does not fit into device: Success
Data did not fit into device, due to bad blocks
: Success
Found e3-nand-backup.3
  Erasing /dev/mtd3
Erase Total 0 Units
 done
  Writing e3-nand-backup.3 to /dev/mtd3
Image 270336 bytes, NAND page 512 bytes, OOB area 512 bytes, device size 262144 bytes
Input file does not fit into device: Success
Data did not fit into device, due to bad blocks
: Success
Found e3-nand-backup.4
  Erasing /dev/mtd4
Erase Total 0 Units
 done
  Writing e3-nand-backup.4 to /dev/mtd4
Image 29196288 bytes, NAND page 512 bytes, OOB area 512 bytes, device size 28311552 bytes
Input file does not fit into device: Success
Data did not fit into device, due to bad blocks
: Success
Finished restoring the Amstrad E3 Firmware,
Type Reboot to see if the Amstrad E3 splashcreen comes up

Spanner..