[E3-hacking] Is it possible to install a Desktop Environment into E3 Linux

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at e3.open.source.it
Sun Apr 14 21:23:47 BST 2019

On Sunday 14 April 2019 at 22:05:45, Nick Griffin wrote:

> I was thinking of the GNOME Desktop, It would need a light, or is it not
> possible because the E3 is not powerful enough..?

I don't know quite what sort of light you're thinking of using, but there is
no way the E3 has anything like enough RAM to run a "standard" Linux graphical
desktop environment.

The CPU may be slow, but without enough RAM you'll get nowhere.

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the beer is Belgian, the chefs are Italian, the supermarkets are
British, the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment is

In Hell, the beer is American, the chefs are British, the supermarkets are
German, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, the entertainment is
Belgian, and everything is organised by the Italians.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.