[E3-hacking] Some things I have found on the Amstrad E3 while I was pressing different buttons.

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at e3.open.source.it
Wed Apr 3 17:22:43 BST 2019

On Wednesday 03 April 2019 at 17:53:32, Jake Sloan wrote:

> Enough time has passed that bruteforcing the required key is probably
> feasible..
>
> I think the list has the details, somewhere.

I seem to remember a posting along the lines of "this has got close enough
that we're not going to give more details, because we don't want to annoy
Amstrad, but anyone with enough clue might be able to take it from here".

I don't believe the actual steps needed were ever publicly posted (but I'd be
happy to be pointed at a correction if I'm wrong).

> You need to send a packet that hashes to a specific value to enable any
> of the fun pbl functionality.

Is that "specific value" generic, or device-specific?

Antony.

--
In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

 - Terry Pratchett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.