[sisela] Static Leases in udhcpd

Martin Ling martin-sisela at earth.li
Tue Dec 19 00:43:30 GMT 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 02:25:15PM -0500, John Goodwin wrote:

> I was wondering if it would be too much trouble to update the udhcpd
> portion of Sisela to include static leases.
>
> If not, do you have any information on compiling Sisela?  I looked in the
> source, and did not find very much other than some patches.  I don't see
> the source code baseline.

The source tarball only includes the patches, a makefile, and some other
bits and bobs. The makefile is supposed to download all the necessary
source packages from their distribution sites, apply the patches, build
everything and create a disk image. I haven't tested it for a while and
it may be broken if download locations have moved.

Sisela uses the udhcpd integrated into Busybox. If the feature you're
looking for just requires a later version, you should in theory just be
able to change the BUSYBOX_VERSION setting in the Makefile to build with
a newer version. In practice there may well be more required to make it
work, though.

Martin