[sisela] Memory issues

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:51:27 +0100

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 05:25:37PM -0700, Tim Duffy wrote:

> I have a pentium I class computer running at 166mhz.
> it has 98megs of memory in it and when booting sisela
> it often says out of memory system halted.  how much
> memory is recomended to run the OS.  thanks so much.

It works fine on 8MB systems - you shouldn't have any trouble!

If you're seeing this reported it's probably either the result of the
amount of memory being misdetected by the kernel. You can override this
by adding mem=96M to the kernel options in syslinux.cfg, on the floppy.

(I'm presuming you actually have 96MB; 98304KB = 1024 * 96)

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/