[sisela] ethernet 3com issue

Tim Duffy sisela@earth.li
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:34:25 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1628715781-1092591265=:72517

It is possible that the irq's are the same for the ethernet card and something else in the laptop.  use cardfind.exe, a program suplied by 3com and check for inconsistances and what the irq, and IO address should be.

ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/nic/cardfind.exe

u will need to boot to a dos disk to do this.  there are alot of utilitoes for making dos boot disks, including one right in windows xp.  if u are not using win95, win98, or winXP u can use this utility

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

I would sugest using the one for windows 98, that one always works for me(if it does not work for some reason try windows 95 or another).  when u boot to it it will come up with a menu to what u would like to do.  press [shitft][F5] to get a prompt.  u will need to copy the card find porgram to another floppy disk, a blank one because it extracts files that are larger then its self and the boot disk has limited space.

If the card find program shows discripencies between the irq's and IO address that u have entered then thats ur problem right there.  if none of this helps, not realy sure what to do, sorry.  i am just gingint into using hte OS my self so it will take me some time to get used to it.

-Tim Duffy
ALT-F/X inc.
thequbit@yahoo.com

runm0de <runmode@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi,

i have an old p100 IBM laptop and am running an Orinoco wireless card and a
3com pcmcia card / adapter 3C562D/3C563D.
when using the 3com ethernet card i get the following error
- eth1: interrupts dropped
if i use the 3com wired network and ping another decide, between every
second ping i receive the eth1: interrupts dropped error message.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance

--0-1628715781-1092591265=:72517

<DIV>
<DIV>It is possible that the irq's are the same for the ethernet card and something else in the laptop.&nbsp; use cardfind.exe, a program suplied by 3com and check for inconsistances and what the irq, and IO address should be.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/nic/cardfind.exe">ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/nic/cardfind.exe</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>u will need to boot to a dos disk to do this.&nbsp; there are alot of utilitoes for making dos boot disks, including one right in windows xp.&nbsp; if u are not using win95, win98, or winXP u can use this utility</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm">http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would sugest using the one for&nbsp;windows 98, that one always works for me(if it does not work for some reason try windows 95 or another).&nbsp; when u boot to it it will come up with a menu to what u would like to do.&nbsp; press [shitft][F5] to get a prompt.&nbsp; u will need to copy the card find porgram to another floppy disk, a blank one because it extracts files that are larger then its self and the boot disk has limited space.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If the card find program shows discripencies between the irq's and IO address that u have entered then thats ur problem right there.&nbsp; if none of this helps, not realy sure what to do, sorry.&nbsp; i am just gingint into using hte OS my self so it will take me some time to get used to it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Tim Duffy</DIV>
<DIV>ALT-F/X inc.</DIV>
<DIV>thequbit@yahoo.com<BR><BR><B><I>runm0de &lt;runmode@gmx.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hi,<BR><BR>i have an old p100 IBM laptop and am running an Orinoco wireless card and a<BR>3com pcmcia card / adapter 3C562D/3C563D.<BR>when using the 3com ethernet card i get the following error<BR>- eth1: interrupts dropped<BR>if i use the 3com wired network and ping another decide, between every<BR>second ping i receive the eth1: interrupts dropped error message.<BR><BR>does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Sisela mailing list<BR>Sisela@earth.li<BR>http://www.earth.li/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sisela<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1628715781-1092591265=:72517--