[sisela] Extending sisela

Martin Ling sisela@earth.li
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:56:06 +0000

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 09:32:03AM +0000, Justin J. Hayes wrote:

> At Friday, 30 January 2004, you wrote:
>
> >But I would suggest multiple floppies make more sense to
> >me.
>
> I think half the point of sisela was that you don't have to change
> disks.  For a war driving situation I guess that's not too bad since
> you're in front of the machine, but as a remote router on some wide
> area network, it's not always convenient to get to the location of
> the sisela box.

Plus of course you want things to come back up if the power goes out,
and be able to remotely reboot if the system gets in any kind of real
mess. I should look into adding the Linux software watchdog, in fact.

Is there some particular reason people want a wardriving kit on a
floppy by the way, or is it just "kewl"? It's okay, I'll still try if
you want it, I'm just wondering... ;-)

Martin

--
http://the.earth.li/~martin/