[sisela] Sisela and IP Masquerading

s0233421 sisela@earth.li
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:34:51 +0000 (GMT)

I dunno if these questions have been asked before or if there's something
I'm just doing wrong, but for some reason I have a problem

Sisela installs quite nicely, gets an IP and sets up routing without too
much bother, and as far as I can see everything works, i.e. sisela can
ping www.google.com , sisela can ping another box attached to it
(172.24.12.34) and that box can ping sisela. Everything works fine.

At this point I try setting up IP Masquerading/IP Forwading with the
following

iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -i eth1 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED
-j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -s 172.24.0.0/16 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

However upon trying to ping www.google.com on 172.24.12.34, nothing
happens. This is quite odd, since I've used the same code (with stuff
like logging and some basic port-filtering) on both
slackware and debian installations and its worked more or less perfectly.

have I assumed something sisela needs to be told explicity, or is there
another way of doing this or something ?

Sorry if this is incredibly trivial and a waste of time, but I'm somewhat
perplexed.

Oh and can the 0.3a code be compiled from the 0.3 ? I'd like sisela to
boot with "pcifix" automatically and have a feeling I'll have to compile
it into the code.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for what is otherwise a very cool disc :)

Mark