[sisela] problem with two PCMCIA cards

jmh2 sisela@earth.li
Thu, 20 May 1999 18:39:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Martin,

   I had a very similar problem with an old laptop. The problem turned out
to be that Sisela was trying to assign irq=5 which didn't work.

   I corresponded with the PCMCIA guru who suggested I add a line in
pcmcia.conf (or whatever it's called) to "exclude" that irq. As I recall
the real pcmcia.conf is in a strange place (not the pcmcia directory) when
you build sisela.

   After that two PCMCIA cards (one wireless, one ethernet) worked fine.

   I have not tried that machine as a wireless bridge, mostly because I
never got around to it.

   Sisela 0.2 DOES work fine as an "inverse" access point with a Prism2
card and an ethernet card. You have to set ipv4_forward by writing a 1 to
the correct place in the /proc filesystem.

   I am not currently using that inverse access point since I have run out
of prism2 cards :(. I am not sure whether they are still being made? and
if so by whom?

   warm regards,
   john