[OSS RATS] OSS Swim the Thames #48 - Romney Lock to Old Windsor Lock - 10:30am Sunday 23 June 2013

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Tue Jun 18 22:19:51 BST 2013

Pagans of the Thames,
                                     Welcome to the Lessor Sabbat of
Litha. It's Solstice weekend and mid summer is upon us - time to
celebrate the wonders of the British Summer.

Before the swim there is a test of your navigation skills to find the
meeting place. To avoid paying for parking we will meet on the single
track Ham Lane, just as it crosses the river a short way upstream of the
finish at Old Windsor Lock:

http://goo.gl/maps/g77B1

You can park on the verge at the edge of the road.  (At least that's how
it looks from Street View.)

*We'll meet at 10:30am BST on Sunday 23 June 2013.

*Get changed, walk up to Romney Lock crossing the Albert and Victoria
bridges with a brief excursion into Datchet along the way.

We'll jump in at Romney Lock and swim down to Old Windsor Lock - this is
swim 66 in Michael Worthington's /*'I ? the Thames*' /and is about
4.8kor half a Dart.

Haveelevenses half way down at spot to be found on our walk up - around
Datchet.

 From Old Windsor Lock it is brief walk back to the cars.

Then on to a pub for lunch - probably the Bells of Ouzeley - Have you
been to a Harvester before?

http://goo.gl/maps/MU95l

http://www.harvester.co.uk/thebellsofouzeleyoldwindsor/

Sef and Jeremy

PS Sorry about lack of camping this weekend - suitable camp sites all
taken. We'll try again for weekend of 6/7th July.

By joining any jolly jaunt with Jeremy and Sef you agree to abide by the
Outdoor Swimming Society's Swim Responsibility Statement:

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility

Before signing up to join the OSS or partaking in any swims mentioned on
this site or the Outdoor Swimming Society facebook page, please read the
OSS swim responsibility statement. By signing up to join the society, or
participating in any swims, or using any material on the Wild swim map
you confirm that you have read and understand the OSS swim
responsibility statement and accept its terms.