[OSS RATS] OSS Swim the Thames #16 - Trout Inn Godstow to Danger Bridge - Sun23Oct11 at 11:00am The Perch at Binsey

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Tue Oct 18 22:42:53 BST 2011

/The Indian summer's over and winter is rapidly approaching neatly
sidestepping autumn - time to shift down a gear into our more modest
cold water distances but not into neutral. This Sunday's swim will take
us to Port Meadow where we can claim to have arrived at Oxford, a
milestone worth celebrating. After the last swim's extended leg we will
start a bit later which will give anyone that would like to catch up on
the Kings Lock to the Trout section the opportunity to start earlier and
then join us at the Trout.  Let us know if you're doing that so we can
look out for you at The Trout. This is part of swim #29 from Michael
Worthington's I Love The Thames book and is around 2.5km.

We will meet at The Perch at Binsey OX2 0NG at 11:00am on Sunday 23rd
October:

http://g.co/maps/um4h5

We'll walk up to The Trout and jump in at the steps in The Trout car park:

http://g.co/maps/hgj49

Swim down to and under Danger Bridge in Port meadow - that's the Big
Jump bridge - and get out in the pool just the other side of the bridge:

 http://g.co/maps/nnr24

Then walk back to The Perch for lunch:

http://www.the-perch.co.uk/index.html/

/Sef and Jeremy and the cool carp of the Isis

e-mail: Oxford at outdoorswimmingsociety.com
<mailto:Oxford at outdoorswimmingsociety.com>

/

/*OSS swim responsibility statement:*/

/By attending you confirm that you are a member of the OSS and have read
and accepted the OSS swim responsibility statement:/

/http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility
<http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility>/

/All swimmers swim at their own risk./