[OSS RATS] Swim #7 Swim the Thames series - Sat30Jul11 at 10:30 - Grafton Lock to Radcot Lock

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Sun Jul 24 22:09:48 BST 2011

Swim #7 of the OSS Oxford & Reading Swim the Thames series

This is the seventh swim of the Swim the Thames series and will take us
from Grafton Lock to Radcot Lock, a distance of 3.4km. We expect to be
swimming all the way now we're in the navigable Thames. This is
equivalent to swims 13 and 14 in Michael Worthington's 'I Love the Thames'.

Meet at the car park on the island across the river from The Swan at
Radcot at 10:30am on Saturday 30th July 2011, marked by the green arrow:

http://maps.google.co.uk/m aps?q=51.69311%2C-1.588181
&hl=en&sll=51.695453%2C-1. 590648&sspn=0.013833%2C0.0
32015&num=1&t=h&z=17
<http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.69311%2C-1.588181&hl=en&sll=51.695453%2C-1.590648&sspn=0.013833%2C0.032015&num=1&t=h&z=17>

We will walk upstream from the car park to Grafton Lock, jump in and
swim back down, past the The Swan and on to Radcot Lock. From there we
will walk back upstream to The Swan, get changed and have lunch at the
Swan. For those who would like a shorter swim, you can get out at The
Swan instead of swimming on down to Radcot Lock.

By attending you confirm that you are a member of the OSS and have read
and accepted the OSS swim responsibility statement:

http://www.outdoorswimming
society.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibili ty
<http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility>

All swimmers swim at their own risk.

Jeremy and Sef of Team Thames

e-mail: Oxford at outdoorswimmingsociety.com