[OSS RATS] Sonning swim - 17th October 2pm

Lindsay Nutbrown lindsay at lecnutbrown.plus.com
Sun Oct 10 22:36:43 BST 2010

Well, what a lovely swim Jeremy, Nick, Andrea and I enjoyed today at
Mapledurham.  Not as sunny during the swim as the forecasters had led us
to expect, but sunny afterwards which was nice while changing!  Lotte,
sorry you didn't make it for the swim, but thanks for the hot drinks
afterwards!

Nick, good to meet you.  Look forward to hearing when you have done a
reccie for a Marlow area swim, very much up for that.

Now on to a Sonning swim as per the subject line...

on Sunday 17th October, Andrea and I will be swimming from Sonning eye
(meet opposite French Horn hotel, RG4 6TN, at 2pm ) towards Shiplake, with
the intention of going as far as St. Patricks Stream (2.1Km), or adjusting
the distance depending on current, weather, our ambition or what have you!
 Quite a few get out points, so plenty of options.

There's public parking for a few cars opposite the French Horn adjacent to
the riverside green, which is also the entry point.

If anybody would like to join us they would be very welcome - let us know or
just turn up.

Link to route of swim courtesy of Helen:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97981919@N00/4997703853/

Best regards

Lindsay