[OSS Oxon] OXFORD BIG JUMP - Danger Bridge, Port Meadow, Sunday 12th July at 1:15pm

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Sat Jun 27 22:41:22 BST 2015

Calling the Leaping Lords and Ladies of Oxford,

Join us for the Oxford 2015 European Big Jump day at Port Meadow Sunday,
12th July  at 1:15pm, Danger Bridge, Fiddler's Island ready to immerse
ourselves in the Isis from whatever height you feel comfortable with at 2pm
BST:

    http://goo.gl/maps/NFQ37  Red bubble thing marks the spot!

Every year, all across Europe, we re-affirm our connexion with our rivers
and explore our aquatic origins by  leaping, plunging, slipping or
tip-toeing into our local rivers at the same instant in time.

    http://www.rivernet.org/bigjump/welcome.htm

The EUROPEAN BIG JUMP is a river swimming day, where people reclaim their
environment and demonstrate their wish to have clean and living rivers
again.

Walk, Cycle or even Drive (Parking at Walton Well car park (Pay and Display
- £1.20 for 3 hours or £2.30 for 5 hours.):

    http://goo.gl/maps/kPLew

Alternatively, Walk or Swim down from the free car park at the top end of
Port Meadow at Godstow Road that's a bit further  away:

    http://goo.gl/maps/YY7Me

Bring food and drink for yourselves and/or to share for a picnic afterwards.
We will have a barbecue for anyone who wants to have something warm and
charred. And for those wanting more of a swim, this is the perfect stretch -
trot upriver your required distance and swim back down. There will be plenty
of companions and hopefully a nice sunny afternoon.

See you there,

Jeremy and the flying salmon of the Isis.

Before signing up to join the OSS or partaking in any swims mentioned on
this site or the Outdoor Swimming Society facebook page, please read the OSS
swim responsibility statement. By signing up to join the society, or
participating in any swims, you confirm that you have read and understand
the OSS swim responsibility statement and accept its terms:

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips
<http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsib
ility> &s=responsibility

---