[OSS Oxon] OSS Swim the Thames #42 - Bourne End towards Cookham - 11:00am Sunday 17 February 2013

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Sun Feb 10 21:33:23 GMT 2013

Beavers of the Thames welcome to the depth of winter,

We open the wardrobe door to the land of Narnia and the dive headlong
into the Great River at the Fords of Beruna in pursuit of Jadis with the
prize of Cair Paravel at the end of our journey to the Great Eastern
Ocean.  We will ultimately be rewarded with the end of a hundred years
of winter but until then Aslan will be our guide but be cautioned about
offers of Magical Turkish Delight on our journey.

We will meet in the wardrobe, here, at 11:00am:

http://goo.gl/maps/lO6E0

And emerge into Narnia and walk to The Great River, to inspect our exit
point here:  (We can recce for additional points on the day.)

http://goo.gl/maps/SoRpo

We will then walk up to the entry point here (Get in at the Bourne End
railway bridge, where we got out last time):

http://goo.gl/maps/69otL

And swim a 1k or so the exit we identified on the walkuphere:

http://goo.gl/maps/SoRpo

It's a short hop, skip and jump to the cars where having donned our
winter suits we will be transported in sleighs by the white witch tothe
Ferry Inn at Cookham, here:

www.theferry.co.uk/ <http://www.theferry.co.uk/>

Queen Lucy the Valiant and King Peter the Magnificent of the Fords of
the Thames

By joining any jolly jaunt with Jeremy and Sef you agree to abide by the
Outdoor Swimming Society's Swim Responsibility Statement:

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility

Before signing up to join the OSS or partaking in any swims mentioned on
this site or the Outdoor Swimming Society facebook page, please read the
OSS swim responsibility statement. By signing up to join the society, or
participating in any swims, or using any material on the Wild swim map
you confirm that you have read and understand the OSS swim
responsibility statement and accept its terms.