[OSS Oxon] August Full Moon Swim

Chris Dalton seedy at breakingglass.net
Sun Jul 29 19:08:01 BST 2012

Hi All,

Now summer is (stutteringly) getting going it’s time to swim in the dark!  Thursday 2nd August is the Full Moon with moonrise at a sensible 8:28pm and sunset at 8:46pm.  As the weather forecast for Thursday is, erm, variable I suggest we plan to be flexible.  We should meet at the layby on Henley Road to the south-east of Dorchester:

http://goo.gl/maps/kIrcd

in plenty of time to set off to the little beach at 8pm.  If the weather is nice then we should have plenty of time for a picnic before dark.  If not we can just get on with the swimming.  As is usual for these occasions, I suggest we set off upstream and everyone can return to the beach in their own time.

CD

OSS swim responsibility statement:

By attending you confirm that you are a member of the OSS and have read and accepted the OSS swim responsibility statement:

http://www.outdoorswimming​ society.com/index.php?p=sw​imming_tips <http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=swimming_tips&s=responsibility> &s=responsibili​ ty

All swimmers swim at their own risk.