[OSS Oxon] December Dip

Victoria Harris harris_1971 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:02:55 BST 2011

Hi Pam

I will freeze beside you, I swam from Buscott to Grafton Lock and unfortunately that has been my only stretch of the Thames so far.

The 3rd should be fun......

Victoria

From: pamjones at btinternet.com
To: ossoxon at earth.li
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:38:09 +0100
Subject: [OSS Oxon] December Dip

This is now on the OSS website

OSS December Dip 2011
Saturday 3rd December 2011

The December Dip is back! Join hundreds as they take the plunge on Saturday 3rd December at the annual Outdoor Swimming Society's December Dip. Whether you're a seasoned wild swimmer, a newcomer looking to 'dip your toe' or just after the ultimate hangover cure, the art deco Parliament Hill Lido will be the place to get your fix.
As well as your special seasonal swimming hat, expect some inspiring speakers, yummy hot food, a sneaky tipple, the celebrated hot tub and a full brass band to cheer you on, or should we say in. And then, as one, we'll take to the pool for a bracing couple of widths - guaranteed to get the blood pumping, skin tingling and make everyone high for the rest of the day, if not the weekend.
Saturday 3rd December
11am-1pm
Parliament Hill Lido, Gordon House Road, London, NW5 1LP
Swimmers tickets cost £15, and spectators welcome for a donation on the door.

It would be fun if we had a cohort from the Swim the Thames group.   I will go so long as some others come along to freeze beside me.

Pam

_______________________________________________ OSS Oxon mailing list OSSOxon at earth.li http://www.earth.li/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ossoxon Please note that OSS Oxon exists to put swimmers in touch with other swimmers, not to organise swim events or in any way suggest that outdoor swimming is a safe activity or that you should go swimming. If you choose to swim you do so entirely at your own risk and on your own initiative, and any plans you make are your own responsibility.