[OSS Oxon] Saturday morning, Oxford?

Claire Tuckett clairetuckett at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:16:24 GMT 2011

Sorry, I'm not going to make it today as I've a bit of a dodgy stomach. Hope you all have a great swim and see you at the next one. Claire

From: swimmer at hardybee.com
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:58:21 +0000
To: andrewsansum at pobox.com
CC: ossoxon at earth.li
Subject: Re: [OSS Oxon] Saturday morning, Oxford?

I've been there before.  What we've done before is arrive in cossie, put wetsuit on, hide car keys (unless there's a non swimmer) walk up river - with wetsuit shoes ideally (so you can swim back in them)  and then swim back, rush to the cas towel and most then change into dry clothes - although I tend to come equipped with a few towels, wrap them round me and on the seat and drive home wet for a hot shower!

Bob

On 12 March 2011 00:18, Andrew Sansum <andrewsansum at pobox.com> wrote:

    We haven't organised anything except to meet and have a swim. If
    you've swum there before your well ahead of me (and Bryn I expect)
    on possible logistical complications!

    Lacking a better plan I'll probably walk up river some distance
    wearing some beach shoes which I find Ok to swim in. If the water is
    6C I doubt I'll walk far up river!

    Regards

    Andrew