[OSS Oxon] Swim at Clifton Hampden on Sunday 27th March at 11:00am

Jeremy Wellingham jeremy at wellingham.com
Fri Feb 25 22:39:02 GMT 2011

/Dear all,

Following one of the OSS Oxon regulars, a couple of us have decided that
we will swim at least once every month over 2011. Having braved January
and February - here is the plan for March:/
/
Neil, Sef, Pam, Jeremy and Lindsay will be swimming in the Thames at
Clifton Hampden, Nr Abingdon on Sunday 27th March at 11:00am.  //If you
would like to join us you would be very welcome. //  //Non-swimming
partners and friends who fancy a morning stroll along the river bank
watching us swim will be more than welcome, especially if they are
willing to carry a few items of kit to swimmers' getting-out points.
//Let me know if you are thinking of coming or alternatively just turn
up on the day./
/
Meet in the car park opposite the Barley Mow pub.  //(South of the
bridge on the road towards Long Wittenham).

Link to Google maps:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=51.653024,-1.208503&daddr=&geocode=&hl=en&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=51.650806,-1.204462&sspn=0.020023,0.038581&ie=UTF8&z=15
<http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Barley+Mow+near+Clifton+Hampden,+Abingdon&aq=0&sll=51.653575,-1.207895&sspn=0.020022,0.038581&ie=UTF8&hq=Barley+Mow&hnear=Clifton+Hampden,+Abingdon,+United+Kingdom&z=16>

 We can decide on the exact plan on the day. We could swim up towards
Clifton Lock and back, or (pleasanter) down-river as far as people want
and either swim or walk back, depending on time, current, weather and
energy. There is a good range of potential getting-out points downstream.
/
/Any questions drop us a line.

THIS IS THE WEEKEND THE CLOCKS GO FORWARD SO 11:00am IS GOING TO FEEL
LIKE 10:00am !/