[OSS Oxon] Oxford swim September 16 and 18

Tim Bond tim.bond at keble.oxon.org
Thu Aug 25 17:53:27 BST 2011

Throwing in my 2p here - this is very local to me,
and the getting in place at the pub is the Victoria
Arms in Old Marston. Joe and Jess the landlords are
very friendly, the car park is huge so doesn't seem
to ever be a problem leaving cars there (especially
if you go back for lunch!).

I keep on wondering about the section one block up
the Cherwell, which I've scouted out an 'in' point
for but not tried. Whereas the section from the Vicky
Arms to Mesopotamia has a path alongside most if not
all of the way so easy for escaping onto the land,
the next section 'up' doesn't have any sensible
access to the river for almost all the way so is more
committing.

I'll second that it's a lovely swim, particularly
past the University Parks. Just be careful of all the
punts on a weekend summer afternoon/evening!

Tim