[OSS Oxon] Winter swim solstice social

Sefryn Penrose sefryn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:34:57 GMT 2010

Hello swimmers,

It's such a lovely day haha that I thought I might think up a winter swim.
It might depend on the weather, but I'm going to hazard *Sunday 12th
December at 11.30 *as an option. If you want to join, meet at the carpark of
the Trout Inn, Oxford

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Perch+Inn,+Oxford&sll=51.761944,-1.277397&sspn=0.007358,0.010622&ie=UTF8&hq=Perch+Inn,&hnear=Oxford,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.780141,-1.30041&spn=0.003511,0.005311&t=h&z=17

We can have a meander up the towpath and swim back down to the pub for some
warming beverages. Any watchers and walkers would as always be welcome, for
their wonderful support and also their carrying properties.

We can make it as long or short as we feel like - there are a number of
places that are fine for getting in and out.

Please e- me back if you think you are coming so I have an idea of numbers.

I also reiterate that it is subject to the weather. If it looks to be an
awful blizzard or potentially too too cold, then I will suggest we don't go,
although you are free to do as you please! Please check e-mails in advance
before you set off!

And don't forget this Saturday is the OSS Winter Dip at Parliament Hill
Lido.
http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=events&s=&id=47

Sef

Usual terms and conditions apply:
Please note that OSS Oxon exists to put swimmers in touch with other
swimmers, not to organise swim events or in any way suggest that outdoor
swimming is a safe activity or that you should go swimming. If you choose to
swim you do so entirely at your own risk and on your own initiative, and any
plans you make are your own responsibility.