[OSS Oxon] Full Moon Swim

Rebecca White rebeccamarenwhite at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 24 14:59:30 BST 2010

 Hello All and happy belated soltice,
A couple of things, firstly, for those who aren't on Facebook there is a
full moon swim happening this Saturday in Northamptonshire, in Wadenhoe. A
few of us from Oxford are planning to go and there are about 50 other people
who've said they are coming, so should be good. The details are below, as is
a link to googlemaps and the post code of the pub near which the swim
starts. I think there will be someone at the beginning in Wadenhoe from
6:45pm.

Secondly, I haven't got a wetsuit. I'd hope to do it without, but am not
sure how sensible this is. Does anyone have one I can borrow? I am about 5
7" and a size 10-12.

Many thanks and hopefully meet some of you on Saturday,
Bex

*FULL MOON SWIM*
Saturday, June 26, 2010
 7:30pm - 10:30pm
 Wadenhoe, Northants
 Description
By signing up to join this swim and/or participate in this swim, you confirm
that you have read and understood the OSS Swim Responsibility Statement.

On June 26th, I intend to enjoy the midsummer full moon by swimming from
Thorpe Waterville to Wadenhoe, a distance of approximately 2 miles,
downstream. Feel free to come along if you should happen to be in the area.

If we meet at the car park of Wadenhoe Church, we can get ready on the bank,
then drive up to Thorpe Waterville and swim back down. There is a very fine
spot on the bank at Wadenhoe, where we can end the swim, have a picnic, mess
about in the river and also camp, if people wished to do so.

The local Scouts have given us permission to use their campsite, which is in
an adjacent field to the picnic spot/finishing point and the Church. Cost is
£2 per person.
If anyone did wish to camp, then further swims would be available on the
Sunday.

WHERE -->

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114184778142423248612.000488a04bec2e8306641&ll=52.430583%2C-0.516272&spn=0.032394%2C0.076818&t=h&z=14

Postcode for The Fox is NN14 3ED

Northern pin marks the entry to the field where we will meet. Turn right,
over the cattle grid, then park near the fence on your right. On the other
side of the fence is the camp-site.Southern pin marks the start point of the
swim, which you will pass if you come from the A605, from the turning next
to The Fox pub, Thorpe Waterville.