[OSS Oxon] Finalised 'exploratory' swim on the River Thame - Sat 10th July

Simon Steen simonemsteen at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:14:04 BST 2010

Dear Fellow OSSers

I have been skulking about watching all this correspondence with interest but unfortunately, can't make either the exploratory swim or the big jump - GOOD LUCK everyone and I hope you have a good time. Thank you James for organising.  I am going to help Kate at the silent swim on 17th July so may see some of you there.

I have been told about an outdoor swimming lake in Little Marlow where they run a try a professional wetsuit rental scheme for £5 and it is £5 to swim in the lake (with safety supervision etc and lessons available).  I am planning to go one Monday soon - it starts at 5 p.m. but I may go a little later.  As I haven't got a wetsuit this seems like a good idea to try one for size first.  Does anyone want to join me and have a lift to Little Marlow one Monday evening soon. I work very near Oxford so can pick from there and nearby.

the website is h t t p://w w w.open water swim. co. uk /

Best wishes

Simon