[OSS Oxon] Proposed 'exploratory' swim on the River Thame

James Lowe james.lowe at datacore.com
Thu Jul 1 11:14:54 BST 2010

Hello,

OK it seems that the 10th is going to be the date - sorry for those that
said they cannot make it then, but these seems the most popular date. If
it proves fun we can do it again the end of the month for those that
couldn't make it or maybe another part of the Thame - from Drayton St
Leonard to the Thames proper at Dorchester?

I'll take another look (as I said) this weekend, it looks like the swim
will be in three, one kilometre sections - that's my guess from the map.
We won't be swimming hard but hopefully letting the current take us.

While there are three spots to get out (one after each section) I think
the first 'out' at the Manor House will probably be awkward (see my
previous email with the locations), so I expect that we either carry on
down to the Pub on the Bridge and/or down on to Drayton St Leonard. So
those that want to can get out there and the rest carry on.

I'll let you all know once I go back and check on the water levels. I
may even have a quick dip at the start to see what it is like.

Thanks

James