Problems with server

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Fri Feb 1 01:08:34 GMT 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:37:55PM +0100, Rainer Kraus wrote:

> Since yesterday I can not log me in. Tested with Jabberwocky (Amiga,
> program said "Cannot connect") and Pidgin (Win7 and Linux).

There was an issue last weekend with a lot of connections that looked
like a DoS (a couple of orders of magnitude more than usual). I
restarted the server and blocked new registrations, but it looks like a
lot of the already existed accounts reconnected today, causing more
problems. I've deleted accounts where there were a large number coming
from the same IP address which has brought things back to a saner level.
Hopefully that will stabilise things.

J.

--
Web [            Wheel is turning, but hamster is dead.            ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by