How to properly unsubscribe from a transport? [was: Re: Yahoo transport not working anymore]

Mișu Moldovan dumol at gnome.org
Sat Oct 13 13:46:54 BST 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Mișu Moldovan <dumol at gnome.org> wrote:

> It's been down for a few days again. I'm waiting for it to come back
> so that I'm able to unsubscribe... Can you please help?

OK, so after a few days the Yahoo transport came back online and I've
tried to unsubscribe... But it seems I haven't properly done it
because for several weeks my Yahoo account has been in a
semi-suspended state in which I was able to login using Yahoo's
webmail and desktop/mobile apps, but could not auth through several
third-parties providers like IM+, imo.im and any XMPP gateways.

In a moment of inspiration I've retried subscribing to your XMPP Yahoo
gateway and it worked! More so, the auth problems disappeared and I'm
now able to use third party apps like IM+ and imo.im. Basically, it
seems my Yahoo account is back in good shape. However, how do I
properly unsubscribe from your Yahoo transport? It seems your XMPP
server doesn't expose any commands in this regard. I can't modify the
transport client-side either, beyond changing the password. I use
Gajim as a client and I usually see more options in its interface when
right-clicking on a transport.

Ultimately, I've tried the bare XMPP commands in the XML console of
Gajim. At most I can delete the transport as per XEP-0077[1] but I
can't unsubscribe as per XEP -0100[2]. Is this enough to get rid of my
subscription to your Yahoo gateway? If not, please help me unsubscribe
properly...

Thanks,

--
mișu