ICQ-Problems

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Wed Dec 5 10:07:57 GMT 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 09:18:30PM +0100, TomcatOne wrote:

> >> No...  i've deleted the icq-transport and registered again, but
> >> nothing happens with my contacts. :(
> >
> > Then I've no idea; I can see my ICQ contacts ok. You /are/ using the
> > ICQ-AIM transport, right?
> >
> Hi, i'm not alone with "my" problem. Other buddys have the same
> behavior and that with other servers!  The checkes servers are:
> jabbernet.dk, gabbler.de, carrott.org and syndicon.de.

That would imply it's an ICQ issue/protocol change then, rather than a
local problem. I've installed PyAIMt (instead of the aging
icq-aim-transport) in the offchance that might help, but I don't think
it has. Is it any better/worse for you?

J.

--
/-\                             |  noodles is that it has been able
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer | to maintain the quality from store
\-                              |              to store