MSN Transport registration

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu Jul 6 16:44:59 BST 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 03:20:16PM +0100, Richard Lewis wrote:
> I've just switched to jabber.earth.li on the recommendation of another
> user.
>
> I was just trying to register the MSN transport with my client (Kopete
> 0.11.3) and I keep getting: "Please wait while querying the
> server...".
>
> I can see the list of services and the jabber users service works OK,
> just can't register MSN transport. (Just tried: AIM and Yahoo! don't
> work, but ICQ-AIM does).
>
> Is there something that I'm supposed to do that I don't know about, or
> might it be down?

It appears to have been done and I've kicked it (what's annoying is that
I use the MSN transport and the client doesn't pick up that it's gone
away or I'd have restarted it sooner!)

I've also kicked AIM and Yahoo! - I don't use AIM myself and Yahoo! is
so flakey I wouldn't rely on it.

J.

--
               I don't steal taglines, I replicate them.