[gdpr-discuss] [article] GDPR: Biggest pain points, now and later

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Mon May 28 06:20:45 BST 2018

On 05/26/2018 01:34 PM, Walter van Holst wrote:

Hi,

[On the German implementation law to the GDPR:]

>> It is the best source I know for the status of the local laws, some of
>> them even have summaries in English. I did a quick scan of the German
>> law, I didn't see an extension for freedom of speech there.
>
> For the purpose of source repositories and online mailinglist archives,
> section 28 may be of interest.

[Thanks to Walter for an off-list clarication & pointer]

I was confused for a moment, thinking you pointed to the GDPR itself,
but you mean the German implementation law, translated here:
https://iapp.org/media/pdf/resource_center/Eng-trans-Germany-DPL.pdf

Section 28 seems indeed applicable to versioning control of OS source
code and OS mailing lists.

Winfried

--
privacy consultant e-health