[gdpr-discuss] impact on volunteer services

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at mozilla.com
Fri Apr 13 18:27:45 BST 2018

On 4/13/18 5:26 AM, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> On 12.04.2018 20:31, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Has anyone here looked into the impact of GDPR on volunteer services
>> like the Chaos Computer Club or small teams (not legal organizations)
>> running decentralized communication instances?
>
> It doesn't matter if people get paid or not.

Well, that's not very friendly from a civil-society perspective, is it?

In the Jabber community we've had many people running small, volunteer
messaging services for years. If those people now have a lot more work
to do and are taking on potentially significant personal liability, why
continue?

Peter