[E3-hacking] [RESOLVED] Please help creating gpio-switch on ams-delta

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Wed May 13 13:41:43 BST 2009

Janusz Krzysztofik napisał(a):
> I have tried two methods: gpio-switch and gpio-keys. gpio-switch device
> is able to report the switch initial state correctly, gpio-keys device
> just initializes without errors. However, for both methods, after first
> switch change, the system stops responding, giving no error messages.
>
> The code of goip-switch initialization sequence together with my
> platform device definition (attached) does not look any different to me
> than those for keyboard or modem (patches available from
> http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.19/), that both also use GPIO interrupts
> and do work for me.

Hi,

I have found that one of the patches, keyboard or modem, from
http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.19, break gpio interrupt handling (as
Jonathan McDowell said*, he found it conflicted with the FIQ keyboard
patch). Without them, both gpio-switch and gpio-keys versions of a
platform device for ams-delta hook switch do work for me. I can try to
provide patches against omap git tree if there is any interest.

Thanks,
Janusz

* http://www.earth.li/pipermail/e3-hacking/2009-May/000868.html